2011年6月15日星期三

Wedding Inspiration: Creative Destination Invites

As most of you know, I have a very soft spot in my heart for destination weddings, having had one myself. And one of the things I loved most about our wedding was our invites. I wanted the experience of the wedding to start with our guests opening the envelope, revealing a complete “travel packet” that would transport them to the – ahem – wedding of the year. So I spent days rounding the corners on my plane ticket invites so they looked more realistic, cutting out RSVP cards that looked like travel tags, and slicing envelopes adorned with fake post-it notes to contain it all. It was so effective, one of my cousins actually thought I’d sent her a plane ticket to Mexico, albeit a surprisingly colorful one.
All of this is to say, if you’re ever going to do it, destination invites are a place to go a little bit over-the-top. You’re asking people to come away with you so there’s something to be said for being extra-enticing…
Here are a couple of my favorites to get your ideas flowing:
Vintage Passport Invitation from April Twenty-Fivevintage-passport-wedding-invitation-sepia
Picado by Bon Momentbright-colors-destination-wedding-invitation
Italian Destination Wedding by Ceci New Yorkitalian-wedding-invite-destination-elegant-passport
Mexico Destination Wedding Invite via Oh So Beautiful Papermexico-bright-wedding-invitation-destination
California Map Invites by Nothing But Bonfires
Read More:Design Roundup: Wedding Invitations Using Red

没有评论:

发表评论